Related to Using Mushroom Compost
Before you decide to purchase mushroom compost, do your research.
- Can consist of Horse and Chicken feces
- Less of a nutrient benefit than Leaf compost
- Higher Salt levels
- Mushroom farmers must deal with high levels of: Flies, Gnats and Fungus which requires using Chemicals to control these issues. Chemicals being sprayed on the compost makes it “Non Organic”
- Can also end up being more costly
- Not recommended for growing vegetables for consumption.
To see the test results for our Organic Leaf Compost please click here.